Friday, October 2, 2015

Best I Can Do

How much can one person do? Well, you never know what opportunities will end up in your path. Before the news of today's shootings, the state of the world's well being was already ruling my thoughts.

My opposition to guns has never saved a life. Probably never will. My vegetarian diet for the last fifty years has never saved  a cow, a pig, a chicken. I try not to preach, aware that it is a waste of time to lecture and wag my finger at someone who already sees things as I do and extremely annoying and condescending to anyone who feels differently.

There are a few things that I know, though. Kindness brings happiness. Everyone needs love and everyone needs to love. Hurt people hurt.

I really don't mind criticism of my naiveté. I am a simple man. I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment