Saturday, August 11, 2012

In The Ether...Again

Well, I'm not crazy. You can quote me. Of course I can't boast too much for fear of bringing on that Richard Nixon-type scrutiny. At this point, though, I would welcome voices in my head just to have someone to talk to. I struggled to stay up 'til 8:30 last night and managed to dream someone else's dreams for nearly twelve hours. Now what?

I've got things to do and places to go. Somebody's singing about "heartbroke and lonesome all the time," on my radio. That's not funny.

There's funny and happy in the ether. It's important to know that it's there. It gets on me like dew settles on my sweater in London. I'm waiting for a downpour, though.

Here's a song of mine about New Orleans. I don't pretend to know the town well but I sure do love it. I'm ready to go back. It's been awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment