Wednesday, May 21, 2014

You Can't Lose Nothing

You can't really play if you don't know what you want. I lose sleep worrying about dogs and cats without homes, hungry children, war for profit and empty souls. Somehow, though, I remain a happy person.

Maybe we all have friends who have "settled for" something. Or someone.

When I see any of those sad, creepy photos of Bonnie and Clyde I'm reminded of what I want. What I've always wanted. No wonder it made a good movie. Aren't we all dying to be so deeply in love that reality is shifted? I guess that what I truly long for is to be perfect for another soul, another heart. Oh, I'm well aware of my imperfections, my shortcomings my inadequacies and my annoying habits. I'm not blind. Dumb. I see in the mirror the gray hair, the crooked nose from the fight in Birmingham, the spare tire. I'm pretty poor and they tell me I'm stubborn. They all tell me. Really stubborn.

It seems that Clyde and Bonnie may have had some quirks, too. Maybe if fate hadn't caught up with them the fire would have simmered. Who knows? Who cares?

I guess all of the love stories are sad. All of the stories without love are sadder.


No comments:

Post a Comment