Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Better Than The Rest

Maybe I've never fought hard enough for what I've wanted. I've been left for losers, liars and deadbeats. I've been abandoned by folks that I have loved and people I have tried to help. 

Truth is I've never wanted to be settled for. If I'm not the best man for the job, get the one who is.

I've told you before, I don't make good records. I like to think I don't make bad records. I make Ronny Elliott records. I'm not particularly interested in the New York Times best seller list as long as I've not finished the little that J.P. Donleavy has written.

Bob Dylan mentioned in Chronicles that he reads newspapers, just not new ones. I like that guy.

Oh, I'll work for you. I'll love you, too. This really is who I am. I'm not like the rest.

You're not too busy to love. You can do that while you watch TV, wash the car, practice brain surgery or hula hoop. Tell 'em I sent you.



No comments:

Post a Comment