Saturday, May 31, 2014

Loves The Lightning

So few pearls, Lord, so few pearls. Here I sit, still wondering why they write all the sad songs about the rain. If I had known that some of those folks were going to end up legends I would have paid more attention.

Do the pretty girls still dance at the hoochie coochie shows at the fair? When I was thirteen I didn't consider that those sweet, innocent young girls from the midwest were anybody's victims. I assumed that they loved the attention and were happy in showbiz, seeing the world. I figured they made a lot of money. If I had any myself I would have given it all to them. Heck, I still would.

It's clouding up for a big storm now. Jamaica won't leave my side. Sometimes it's just all sad songs.

You can't lose by loving. Be careful that you don't waste any by hoarding it.


No comments:

Post a Comment