Wednesday, May 8, 2013

As Time Goes By

My mom left the planet a year ago. I missed Mother's Day with her and I suppose I'll miss it all the more this time around. Her passing ended a five year "losing streak," however, and my life began to pull itself out of the mire.

Over cafe con leche yesterday my pal, Larry, told me, "Hey. You're well. I know you've been telling me for awhile now that you're doing better but now you really are. You don't even look the same."

All of my pals who had been kind enough and patient enough to stick with me had told me over and over that only time passing would make things okay. Time passed. I'm okay.

I love harder than ever. I just don't expect anything in return. I rock'n'roll with all I've got. I get plenty in return. I can't take it to the bank but it has made me a rich man.

I love you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment