Monday, December 10, 2012

Drain Blood, Patch Heart, Refill

So this is what it comes down to, and not a minute too soon. The world keeps leaving me these hints, some not so subtle. Yesterday a Derek Sivers post came in which he suggested admitting that it's all your fault. Whatever flimsy veil that was left lifted.

Every situation that has ever left me feeling alone and blue has been my own doing. I have no people who have come through my life and hurt me and I've never really been a victim. I'm gonna have to find a whole new identity. Let's face it, I've gotten pretty good at this.

The freedom that comes with this discovery is almost overpowering. I know that I have been worrying more lately about the harm that I've done than the slights that I have incurred but this is different. I can live a life now with a purpose; make up for it.

My heart is light. It's supposed to be this way. On my knees, I ask you to forgive me if I have ever hurt you. I guess this is my letter to the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment