Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crazy Love

Once you've experienced crazy it's really hard to get it out of your mind. I'm not talking about little lapses in your own mind, I'm thinking of witnessing behavior from folks around you that is not tied to any form of reality at all.

Having lived a free and open life and being considered eccentric for most of my life I've often joked of being "crazy." Calling any friend or relative crazy has never been considered an insult. At least I've never meant it to be insulting.

Over the last several years I have seen mental illness and  it has changed my perception of life. Now I see signs of it that I would have missed or overlooked before. I express this idea to friends and most of them are surprised at my naiveté.

Of course I know that there are genetic causes and environmental hitches and chemical imbalances that twist the logic of lots of folks out there. Sad as that is, I am more disturbed by the idea that a lot of the mental issues that individuals face comes from never having felt loved.

You don't have to be wealthy to do your part. If you're busy, that just provides more opportunity. Love. Love a lot. It's the best investment out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment