Saturday, November 11, 2017

Snake Legs






If there was a historic Jesus, and evidence leads me to believe there was, he would be appalled at what is now referred to as the evangelical church. I don't want to be unkind here and I try hard not to judge. At this point in my life I understand that bigotry is almost always based on ignorance. That saddens me but I get it. Meanness? Thats's harder for me to swallow.

A preacher. I was supposed to be a preacher. Every aptitude test said so. The guidance counselors were always more surprised than I was.

For me it was air force pilot, indy car driver, wrestler/villain or juvenile delinquent. Then, finally, rich and famous rock'n'roll star. Only not rich. Certainly not famous. Oh, yeah- not a star, either.

Hard to believe, I know, but I digress.

If you ask my friends, I preach. I don't mean to but I preach. It just all seems so easy to me. Everybody's been hurt and everybody needs love. Feed the hungry. Take care of the ones who can't take care of themselves, human and otherwise. 

It's all kindergarten stuff. After the golden rule not much else matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment