Wednesday, November 22, 2017

My Utopia- An Invitation






My dreams have always been about living with all of the folks that I love around me. My utopia, my commune, is in my head. It always has been. It has taken a long time for me to realize. We all carry a universe folded up in our head. Funny thing is, it's the same universe.

Wake up. Pay attention.

The songs that I bring you are the soundtrack to the "movie" that is my universe.

I know about heartache and sorrow. I see blowhards and charlatans on TV pushing their politics and their religion for money. I wring my hands over war orphans and stray dogs and cats. My "movie," though, focuses on the tap dancing. Romance. 

The Jesus that I read about as a kid hung out with prostitutes and kids and thieves. He turned over the  tables of the moneychangers and the ones who sold doves in the temple. Did I mention that I was in Alabama?

You are welcome in my "movie" anytime.




No comments:

Post a Comment