Thursday, November 9, 2017

Give It All Away






When I put the seashell to my ear, of course, I hear the ocean. When I look into Jamaica's eyes I see the universe. When it gets quiet enough I feel all the love in the world in my heart. All there's ever been, all there ever will be. It's like water. It just circulates and recirculates. That water from the mineral spring that ended up in your Topo Chico went through Nefertiti and Rasputin while you were still stardust in diapers. Yeah- we're drinking the urine of the gods and the riffraff.

If you think that this is all about you, you're right. I have tried desperately not to bother you with my drivel and I have failed.

The love, though- what about the love? It's never wasted. You don't need to conserve it. Tip well.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.








No comments:

Post a Comment