Monday, September 18, 2017

Prayers and Poems






Call me a sentimental fool. No, really- call me a sentimental fool. I try as hard as I can to unlearn every grownup notion that has seeped into my repertoire of stupid adult tricks. I want to love everybody who needs my love and pet every dog and cat. I want to sit at the kids' table for holidays and I want to take a nap in front of a big fan. I need pajamas with feet and I want to lick the spoon when cookies are made. Of course I want cookies made often. 

I want someone to be there when I wake up from a bad dream. I need someone to remind me to share what I have and to hug me when I do.

Naked, of course, is naughty and I want to dance naked and I want to laugh. I want to laugh till milk runs out of my nose. Oh, I want everyone else to dance naked, too. I don't want to stay up too late. I need for someone to tell me that I'm a good boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment