Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Abandon Hope






Okay, I'm not known for my patience. There are times here that I refer to myself as a patient man. Usually I'm being sarcastic. Sometimes I'm just lying, trying harder to convince myself than you.

It occurs to me at this point in history that we can't afford to give in to impatience. Don't misunderstand me. There's a world in new peril out there and we're the only heroes we have. We don't dare do it at the expense of joy, though.

Resist with humor. Fight with love. It's gonna take some time. Some more time. Oh, I'm like you- I want it done now. Since that's not about to happen, let's work hard to make up for what's being done to the planet, to the poor, the sick and the elderly. Let's have fun at his expense while he lives at ours.

We got this.







1 comment:

  1. Some call it procrastination, I prefer to call it patience. I've realized that my efforts are not always vital to the solution of problems and actually interfere in most situations. I don't avoid acting on necessary solutions to problems, I just don't see all problems as needing immediate attention.

    ReplyDelete