Sunday, September 11, 2016

Godot's Here



All my life I've waited. For what? Depends on when you ask I suppose. The only thing between me and peace of mind has always been this waiting. A longing that lurks just out of my psychological grasp.

Now, at last, here I am. Right where I've always been. I haven't given up on much but a lot has given up on me. If you're gonna feel it all, remember, the sadness is deep and it's dark. Loss is overwhelming on the blue days.

Time? I don't suppose that's got anything much to do with it. It's all just one now waiting for the next one.

I don't mean to boast but I'm the only one of these you've got. They don't make any more of me.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.


                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment