Tuesday, May 10, 2016

All These Walls


I've never had any trouble seeing the invisible prison walls that keep other folks incarcerated. The religious, ethical, legal chains that were concocted to keep us in line. For some reason I've been mostly blind to my own shackles. Oh yeah, I've dressed differently than most of my friends since I've had any part in dressing myself. I've been a vegetarian for over fifty years. Occasionally fashion and I cross paths. Not for long. Not often.

Now I've decided to keep wearing pants, at least most of the time. It's not modesty or decency. I just don't want to bother other people.

You won't catch me violating speed limits on the road. Seems like common sense and good manners to me.

Grandma taught me right from wrong as soon as I was old enough to pay a little attention. I'm not about to support any war, ever. There have never been any good ones, only twisted history. Building up arms supplies for the next ones while we have babies starving around the world is wrong. Any politician who tries to tell me differently is misinformed or more ambitious than decent.

In 1956 I wanted to be Little Richard. In 1964 I wanted to be British. Now I'm old. Luckily, I want to be Ronny Elliott. I am the act. The act is me. I preach love.



No comments:

Post a Comment