Friday, January 29, 2016

Nude Velvet Paintings


So much I have missed waiting for what comes next. I'm here now. Finally. I've got memories and I've got dreams. I cry easily and often but it's not sadness. It's more likely beauty, majesty and kindness. 

Since I can't hold every baby, pet every dog and hear every unrecorded masterpiece, I'll spend my time letting the cosmos take me where it's going. Since I can't end all war, feed all the hungry or heal all the hearts that hurt, I'll just use the love I've got and sing the songs that I know.

They say you've never heard of the great sufis, only their teachings. It's the message, not the man, right? The humility makes the beauty all the more radiant.

A wop bop a loo bop a wop bam boom.



1 comment:

  1. Was reminded last night of this Raymond Chandler quote - reminded me of you, and a little of me... Honor has to be enough.

    “down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He is the hero; he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor—by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.

    “He will take no man’s money dishonestly and no man’s insolence without a due and dispassionate revenge. He is a lonely man and his pride is that you will treat him as a proud man or be very sorry you ever saw him.

    “The story is this man’s adventure in search of a hidden truth, and it would be no adventure if it did not happen to a man fit for adventure. If there were enough like him, the world would be a very safe place to live in, without becoming too dull to be worth living in.”

    ReplyDelete