Tuesday, August 5, 2014

All The Lessons

The folks who drop out make me really jealous. I'm dying to vindicate myself by ignoring this blog, closing out on Facebook and writing songs for myself that nobody else gets to hear. Yeah, I know that the magic is in the music and I'm always chomping at the bit to tell folks that I love them. I worry, though, that it's just my ego demanding my attention.

Not only does the world have plenty of Ronny Elliott material, there is an obvious surplus. If I had stopped decades back there might be a mystique. Any live recordings of Elvis end with faint chants of "More! More!" Then the wonderful, "Elvis has left the building."

Well, you know, if Elvis had vanished on a saucer at the end of '56, we'd have a real cult!

My uneasy feeling that I'm showing off battles regularly with my desire to communicate with you. I love you. Sometimes I think that maybe that's all I have to say.


1 comment:

  1. Keep talking/making music...my heart needs to hear it right now....peace and love, terry

    ReplyDelete