Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Perfect World

It's fairly obvious to any conscious being that I don't have the good sense to be of any use advising other folks what to do. I do, however, know the good stuff when I see it. Lord Buckley is a particular hero of mine. His work is okay. His comedy isn't really even comedy. It's the messages that he tucked in everything that moves me.

Quoting a purely made-up explorer, Cabenza De Gasca, Lord Buckley spouted, " ...there is a great power within. When it is used in beauty and unselfishness and clarity of devotion to love, can heal and cure and cause miracles."

I don't need churches and books when the comedians are reminding me of the perfect world that I live in. 

Be patient with me. I've told you that I'm slow. I'm trying, though. I'm trying. None of the good stuff is buried very deep. Open your eyes and open your heart and it's everywhere. Check the kids. Jesus hinted that you could see it all there. By the way, that kid is still there within you. That kid could still use your love and your nurturing. Sometimes it's good to be reminded.

Let 'er rock. Let 'er rip.


1 comment: