Tuesday, April 15, 2014

How Much Is Too Much?

You're not the only one who thinks that I think too much. Let's face it, everyone can't have it wrong. I've been reading a very close friend's memoirs and I find it all breaking my heart. It's not sad stuff, though. It's funny stuff. Really funny stuff. Well written, too. I'm having to read it all in small doses to keep from falling apart.

When I told her about my conundrum she wasn't surprised. She said that it's because I love her. She's right. The loss of innocence that we call growing up is too much for me. The beauty and the sweetness that we lose so much control over as we start to play adult roles is overwhelming for me.

I've never grown up. It's nothing to be proud of. I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time pretending that I had. I never fooled anyone anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment