Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Joy In Your Soul

If it seems that I quote myself too often here it's because those are the things that I can remember.

"The joy in your soul means more than what you earn."

Heck, if that turns out to be true, I'm rich! I have found myself onstage making light of that line. I suppose I'm afraid that some cynical soul in the audience will take me for a bleeding heart patsy. I am. I believe in all of those lessons from Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Snow White and the bible.

Looking over my shoulder I can see that I have often allowed someone else's image of me warp my happiness. Well, that's not their fault. Let's face it, I'm no prize.

I do, however, posses more of this "joy" than should be allowed by law. I always have. Sadness? Banned from my soul. Goodbye forever. I've said it before: a bonobo's life for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment