Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Everybody's Somebody

So Elvis worshipped Jesus and John Lennon wanted to be Elvis and happened to innocently notice that the Beatles were bigger than Christ. Bob Dylan wanted to be Little Richard while he was still Bobby Zimmerman and then decided on Woody Guthrie.

Me? Oh, I've wanted to be Marlon Brando and Nikolai Volkof. Elvis, Einstein and Buzzie Reutimann, too. I shouldn't leave out Audie Murphy or James Dean. Clearly, Jimmy wanted to be Marlon, as well.

Seems that the hippies longed to be beatniks and, of course, the beats hated the hippies. At least Jack did.

Now, I just want to be me. Ragged, broke and out of tune, I know. Lord Buckley said that we're all special. He didn't convince me, he just opened my eyes to it. I'm drawn to the hurt. It is the height of arrogance to consider that you can ease another person's pain. Hurting someone is the lowest blow, the darkest foul. We all remember what the road to hell is paved with.

I will let love and fate determine my future. As though I had any other choice, huh?

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment