Monday, April 11, 2016

Slow Learnin' Hard Burnin'


My Popeye thing has kicked in after all these years. Finally I am what I am. It took long enough. By junior high school I was ready to re-invent myself. Elvis and Parnell Jones and Eddie Graham were all in the running as a role model. 

There's no need boring you with every zig and zag. Heroes have come and gone. I have failed spectacularly at a long list of endeavors and I won't try your patience with that one, either.

My wallet is pink and made of paper. I look like I shave without benefit of a mirror. I do! One of my ex-wives makes fun of me in public because it appears that I cut my own hair. I do! I'm not good at it but I'm really fast.

It's not really all that hard to find folks who don't like me. It still hurts my feelings from time to time but I don't waste time trying to figure it out. I try to be nice, I try to be kind. Sometimes I fail. I regret every slight, every unkind word.

I'm rock'n'roll. That's who I am. That's what I do. I do it with love and I do it for love. Send it to my attorney.


                                   



No comments:

Post a Comment