Monday, July 6, 2015

Bipolar Rock'n'Roll


Sometimes I marvel at the very idea that the same Elvis who gave us "Good Rockin' Tonight" gave us "Old Shep," too. When one plays, I can't sit still. When the other one comes on, I cry my eyes out.

Somehow over the last decade or two my dark side has pushed the other one aside. Reminds me of my cat at 3:00 am every morning- "Look at me! Look at me!"

Well, the other one is back. It seems that the message shows up everywhere I look right now. If I'm to save the world, I need to use the right tools. Joy is what I've got. My writing is pretty much sixth grade poetry and I play guitar just like I did when I was twelve or thirteen. My singing is more inspired by Walter Brennan than Mario Lanza. Hey, it's the best I can do!

Oh, I'll still play the sad ones, the dark ones. I don't have any choice. It's the bulk of what I've got. From now on they may end with a pie in the face or showing you my underwear. Again.


No comments:

Post a Comment