Tuesday, February 17, 2015

On The Radio

There are days when I have to face the fact that I suffer with depression. When everything disappears from your existence you have no situations to blame. If it seems exaggerated and trivial when I go on and on about my beloved rock'n'roll it's just that the music is the one thing that has always been there for me. When I bellyache about it disappearing, I just mean in the marketplace. Of course I will always have my rock'n'roll.

Maybe that's why I have been enjoying doing so much radio lately. Now, I have always played just exactly what I've wanted on the air. It's always been hit or miss. Sometimes I sit in on a folk show and sometimes I may sit in for a sixties program. For the last few weeks, though, I have been doing Rev. Billy C. Wirtz's Rhythm Revival for him on WMNF. Billy's been busy and that's a good thing. He's a good guy and a real treasure for all of us. That has left me playing just exactly what I want to play, though, and that's whatever I like.

I'm afraid it's kinda' like my music career. It's not for everybody. I've described my music as the brussels sprouts of rock'n'roll. A few nuts like it. Thank goodness.

Thanks to Billy and Randy and the folks at the station, especially my pal, Bev, who does the heavy lifting while I blab and tell tales about all my heroes.

When I say "I love you," it means I love you. When they leave, they're gone. If you have something to fill a part of the hole, you're lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment