Friday, February 20, 2015

Okay, Go!

All the Sunday school lessons and all of the songs; every lesson that ever went over my head. For whatever reason, I'm having the most brilliant moment of clarity that has ever come over me. 

My only real clue since I was a kid has been that it's all about love.

First I would like to thank everyone. I have to leave it at that because I could never properly thank everyone individually. Even if I could, I would fret and obsess over the order.

Now I would like to apologize to everyone I have ever hurt. One of my most consistent and petty faults has always been to explain the reasons for my bad behavior. Oh, I don't ever rationalize it or attempt to justify it. It's just that the poor soul on the receiving end of my bad behavior has always had to sit through my explanation of the scenario in order to dig out my apology, my plea for forgiveness.

There will be no plea for forgiveness here. Not this time. If I deserve it and if you see fit, please consider forgiving me. That's not really any of my business. Just know that I am truly sorry for any hurt that I have caused you. There is too much hurt in this world and not nearly enough love.

My plan is to spend the rest of my days doing everything that I can to make the world a little bit better for all the other living beings. Suddenly I find myself overwhelmed with peace. Love, love, love. Count me as one proud cornball.


No comments:

Post a Comment