Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Grown Up Table

Does it seem that sometimes sadness reaches all the way around the corner, like one of those little cartoon weiner dogs, and meets its other end, happiness? Songs play in my head that make me laugh and make me cry.

Maybe I should have reserved more room in my heart for joy. That way when sadness came calling it would have found no vacancy.

Oh, I have my happiness. I don't suppose I would trade my happy memories for anything. To have laughed as hard as I have, as often as I have, is worth several fortunes.

To those I have laughed with and those I have cried with and those that I have loved, thank you.


1 comment:

  1. A wise man once said - "Laughter I have proclaimed holy." Keep Laughter Neutrality. Don't let them take it away.

    ReplyDelete