Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tell Her Everything

Jamaica hears everything that rumbles in my head. I'm pretty sure it bores her to death. We just came back from a walk around the block. When the two neighbor cocker spaniels came out and we were face to face with them with twenty yards between us she bristled. These are the times when I'm assured that she's part Ridgeback.

They're snooty and she knows it. She doesn't much like their looks.

I explained that they're rich. Then I found myself bragging to her that we were rich, too. We have more butterflies. We do!

If I were commanded by the gods to describe the perfect life I suppose that I would describe mine. I play rock'n'roll for a living. I live with a dog who loves me in spite of my shortcomings. Maybe because of them. I do that living in a tropical jungle on an island. I'm not isolated, though. I'm five minutes from downtown and a two block stroll to my favorite bar. I don't have to get up in the morning. Well, I do, but only to please the cat, who I also love with all of my heart.

People are good to me. I mean really good. I don't know why. It's always been that way.

I don't have much money but I don't owe anybody any money. Doesn't matter. I'd trade the family cow for magic beans any way.

Failure has interrupted the flow from time to time but I guess that's how you learn. I don't like broken hearts but then I didn't much like breaking my arm or my nose, either. I hope that I haven't hurt anyone else too much.

You end up with regrets about squandered youth. Pretty sure that I would just squander it again. I'm squandering old age now and enjoying it.

Pray for peace and search for truth. It's out there. Do all your fighting with love as your weapon.


No comments:

Post a Comment