Sunday, October 28, 2012

New Fight Song

It occurs to me that evolution favors the aggressive. The peaceful tribes have always been pushed to the edge, literally, and generally disappear over generations. That's not all of biology, however. Intelligence would always show up as a dominant force, too. I know that it's hard to accept during this election season. With folks lining up to vote against their own best interests you have to begin to question this part.

Let's just write that off to ignorance and bigotry for convenience for now. They will always go hand in hand.

If we fight them with their chosen weapons: fear, lies and intimidation, we all lose. Then we end up with two teams of bad guys. Bad pun, end up, intended.

Drag out truth and love. Add a dash of compassion and tolerance and you've got a fight on your hands. The bad guys will always fear the truth. 

I never understood "Down By The Riverside" as a kid. Seems like somebody was always singing it on the Ed Sullivan Show. I did, however, always love that line, "I ain't gonna study war no more." Let's sing it now and push them to the fringes. Keep in mind that we'll do our pushing with our chosen weapons.

Thinking about my buddy, Rock, this morning. Lots of mornings. I miss him.


No comments:

Post a Comment