Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What Is It That I Do?

Seems vainglorius to quote myself but "My teachers never called me a poet and I never can get this guitar quite in tune."

I'm not much of a singer. Reviews often mention the fact that I talk as much as I sing. I don't hop to my feet to defend myself. My writer friends have always known that I'm no writer. Never claimed to be.

It fell upon me some time back to break the news to my wonderful friend, Rebekah Pulley, that she was, indeed, Rebekah Pulley. That's who she is. That's what she does. If you're called, you answer. You go. I never made much money. I never will. I hope she does. She can sing. She can play. She's a writer.

Doesn't matter, though. It's a blessing and a curse. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would love to tell you that I do this for you. That's not true. I would be content to think that I do it for me. That's not true, either. I do it because I have to. I always have. I always will.


2 comments:

  1. love the video, Ronny! hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Good to hear from you, pal. Things are good. Hope you're well, too.

    ReplyDelete