Wednesday, October 10, 2018

How Nice






People tend to be leery of a person who comes across as "too nice."

"What's he up to?" 

"What does she really want?"

There's no such thing as "too nice." We start teaching little boys to "take care of themselves" before they reach puberty. All of these phrases are in quotation marks because they don't really mean what they say.

Bullies think their victims are chumps. Politicians think we would all do the things that they do if given the opportunity. Oh, I could go on. I could trash my banker friends. 

If laziness were not an issue, I could write a book on the subject. Changing the name of the War Department to the Department of Defense would surely rate its own chapter.

Well, sir, as I was about to type, "Don't get me started," I realize that I've started. 

Kindness brings happiness. That's a fact. I work hard to get back to where I was at four years old.





No comments:

Post a Comment