Sunday, October 7, 2018

Gasoline Rainbows






Maybe I should have studied to be a semanticist. A linguist. As it is, I know just enough to know how little I know. I have periods where I'm pretty sure that "it" can all be explained with physics. Sometimes the secrets all seem to be hiding in biology. Or chemistry. Geometry. Maybe poetry.

Without language, written and verbal communication, we're all mad men. Your concept of love and life and death would be as valid as the next cave man. Imagine Einstein's theory of special relativity or Beethoven's fifth symphony in such a world. How on earth would we ever know what spark plugs to put into that gol darned internal combustion engine?

As it is, we bumble through with five senses. Arrogant. Haughty.

What we don't know could fill a universe.

Ponder your existence without words.

I may have just taught you to meditate... and dance.











No comments:

Post a Comment