Friday, April 27, 2018

Right and Wrong






Me? I'm an old white guy. I'm not bragging. I'm part English and part Scottish with a pretty good splash of Creek on my mother's side. No idea on the other. I was raised in the methodist church and I've always been a registered Democrat. I have a degree in geography. I'm no geographer. I'm right handed.

All my life I've sought truth. I've read the bible and "Autobiography Of A Yogi." I paid money for my mantra from TM ® and I've tried my best to play my Beatles records backwards. I've gone to church and I've stayed home and I've prayed all over the place. I've thrown the I Ching and had my cards read as well as my palm.

All I believe in is love. I shouldn't say all. I believe in love.

As much as the words of all of the great teachers are twisted, one message seems to remain constant and common. Love.

Nobody bombs anybody else with love in their heart. Nobody leaves children hungry and animals on the street with love in mind. Nobody builds a military for parades and intimidation based on love. Oh, I could go on. You get my point.

I'll never serve as much of an example but I will love the best I can.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.




No comments:

Post a Comment