Thursday, April 26, 2018

Going Out Of Business Sale






Peace of mind seems to be setting in. I'm suspicious. Otis Redding and Hank Williams broke my heart but Little Richard brought me joy. 

Now, I don't want to oversimplify this. Otis hollered "Shout Bamalama" and thrilled us all. Ol' Hank sang "Jambalaya" and hillbillies filled the sawdust dance floors. 

For the most part, though, when Hank Williams or Otis Redding's names are mentioned, I think of "Pain In My Heart" or "Men With Broken Hearts."

Little Richard? That's a different story. Even when he sang the sad ones it was joyous. "Boo Hoo Hoo Hoo." "I'm Just A Lonesome Guy." When he went for jubilation, however, the heavens opened. Show someone a photo of Little Richard and watch them smile.

I've spent far too much time in an Otis Redding world lately. Luke The Drifter plays in my psyche. Now it's a Little Richard world. Mr. Penniman is eighty five and doesn't sing these day. Not in public. He'll sing in my heart and my memory for as long as I live and he'll sing at any funeral service that you'll throw me.

Keep an eye on me. I'm one happy soul.





No comments:

Post a Comment