Thursday, April 5, 2018

Breakdown Avenue

Remember the princess and the pea? I had no idea when that fairytale was read to me that it was meant as a personal lesson. I've always had everything. Always. Everything.

Now I read about this 1% and the other 99% and I wring my hands. I anguish over the plight of the needy. The sick and the homeless. I hurt for the orphans, human and otherwise. I cry in front of the TV screen when I see victims of violence and natural disaster.

It's too late to be any kind of hero, I suppose. I'm grateful that I've known about love.


No comments:

Post a Comment