Thursday, December 28, 2017

Move Along






Whatta ya know? I found myself driving by her house today. In fact I drove by the house she lived in in elementary school and the house she lived in in junior high school. It wasn't planned. The two houses are only a quarter mile or so apart. You have no idea how many times I rode my bike by those two houses.

Did she know? She must have. We never spoke of it. We've never spoken much at all over all these years.

She doesn't live around here anymore. I don't think it was me. I remember that we danced together two or three times over the years.

We talked on the phone about ten years ago. I tracked her down from a newspaper article about her. She told me that she knew about my comings and goings. She said that her mom always clipped and mailed her anything that she saw in the paper about me.



                                         




No comments:

Post a Comment