Friday, March 3, 2017

When To Fold 'em






Radio static and two more hours to fill. My, my. In my life I've often walked away. These days I seem to have little left to leave. That's okay. That's alright. 

I've tilted at more windmills than most folks will ever encounter. Oh, I'm not bragging. I'm not wringing my hands, either.

In my defense, I've been abandoned more often than any leaving that I've done. None of us will ever forget being the last one picked for the kickball game; the last boy asked to dance when they tried to teach us to square dance.

Here's the secret: I didn't play hard enough. I was socially inept. I am socially inept. I wouldn't pick me, either.

Don't read into any of this that I'm feeling sorry for myself. I have. I'm pretty good at it. Now? Now I wouldn't change a thing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment