Thursday, March 30, 2017

Coolerator Inventory






The stars were up to no-good on the night that I was born. I'm not like the rest. All my teachers knew. Miss Gammon, my first grade teacher, came to visit me in the hospital when I had my tonsils removed. She wanted to double promote me. I'm pretty sure that she thought I was from another planet.

Over the years some of them liked me. Some of them didn't. It took some a while to figure it out. I could always tell the ones who were pretty sure they had known me in another life.

When you know that you're different you learn to keep it to yourself. Well, you should. Too much babble about that sort of thing just complicates life.

Oh, it doesn't mean that you're better and I've spent a lot of time worrying and hoping that it doesn't mean you're worse.

Rock'n'roll has gotten me through seventy years of magic. I don't know, Butch- maybe it did come from Lubbock, Texas.



                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment