Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Plastic and Hay



My insignificance in the big picture is blinding and overwhelming. Oh, I would like to be remembered as a good guy. Who wouldn't? I have no interest, however, in hit records. Beachfront property. Pernod Ricard Periier Jouet, Bruno Magli loafers or membership in your yacht club.

That probably sounds snootier than the worst snob you know. Maybe it is.

As I scan the room I do realize that I love the junk that surrounds me. Somehow everything is perfect. To be fair, everything has always been perfect. It has taken me a long, long time to see it. 

Maybe the worst nightmare is to ask the girl to dance. She smiles and takes your hand. A few seconds into the twirl you realize that she never really wanted to dance. Not with you.

Okay! Slow learners on this side of the room.



No comments:

Post a Comment