Monday, June 22, 2015

Buggy Whips, Spats and Newspapers

Say so long to landlines, checkbooks, chivalry and illegal marijuana. We've still got guns, Lexus lanes, state lottos and payola. We still spew hydrocarbons, tolerate tax havens for billionaires, allow a shameful infant mortality rate and pay big bucks to see the Rolling Stones. We're almost out of pay phones, matchbooks, pennies and post office boxes. Oh yeah, guns- we still have guns. Did I mention that?

Maybe a small silver lining for never having been successful in the music business is that it's almost impossible to go out of fashion.

When I played cowboys and indians, I always wanted to be the indian. I wanted to be the sidekick, the bass player, the straight man. Yeah, I know. Be careful what you wish for.


No comments:

Post a Comment