Monday, December 1, 2014

Twenty Four Hour Diner

Yeah, that combover doesn't fool a soul. That bald spot shines under the fluorescent glare. She chews with her mouth open and she laughs too loud. They're beautiful. They're in love. 

Most of my social life is spent by myself at the diner down the street. To say that people watching is my hobby is to understate the obvious. It's my life. Nothing makes me happier than being around the lovers. Is it some vicarious, weird thing to fill some void in my soul? How would I know? Who cares?

All I know is that the glow of romance makes them all beautiful in some unique, radiant fashion. I don't have to worry about making the love stay or the little spats. It's none of my business how they raise their kids or when the in laws are going back up north.

Here's to love. Here's to romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment