Saturday, July 7, 2012

Last Lap

It's hard to ignore the facts. This is probably my last dog, my final car, the last home I'll ever own. It becomes more obvious to me every day that my last romance has come and gone. My new record, I've Been Meaning To Write, will be out in a week or two and it will likely be the last one I do. The record business, as I have known it, is over. Good riddance.

I'm not whining. It's not sad. There is a certain melancholy that washes over all of this. Somebody told me once, "Somewhere out there there's a kid that you've influenced whose life has been changed by what you do." I hope so.

Here's a song from the new record.



3 comments:

  1. "I like to remember things my own way. How I remembered them, is not necessarily the way they happened."
    Ulf

    ReplyDelete