Monday, January 28, 2019

What You Say To A Friend






It's never about geography. Like Sam Cooke, I don't know much biology. I do, however have a degree in geography. It's not about work, either. I've never amounted to much, but I have scooped mud from the bottom of barges and written automotive columns and picked watermelons and sung for drunks. 

In matters of the heart, I'm a less reliable source. I do know this- it's never the one who got away. They all get away eventually. One way or another.

Life is sweet and sometimes the sweetest ones have the roughest time accepting that.

Unconditional love, and lots of it, is all that I have to offer. I understand the wariness. I have consulted the Magic 8 Ball regarding your big decisions:

Is she doing the right thing?
It is certain.

Will it all work out right?
Without a doubt.

Is this all crazy? Impulsive? Will I regret it all?
My sources say no.

I wish for you all of the happiness and success and love in the world. I seem to always get all that I wish for.



                                     








No comments:

Post a Comment