Monday, January 7, 2019

Dancing In Politics






There really is nothing much to be taken seriously when you get right down to it. I've always managed to worry about loss in the future and then, whatta' ya know, loss. I never enjoyed a carnival properly. I spent my time worrying about the end. I usually ended up with tickets left over due to judicious planning. I have t shirts and Levis that are from another century. Never wore my favorites often so that I wouldn't wear them out. Now gravity and age and beer have colluded to see that I'll never wear them out.

Maybe I've hoarded too much of my love, worrying that romance would end, that someone would leave. I don't have to write this next line for you, do I?

Now? Now I just love. At least I try. I hope that someone loves me but I don't count on it. I will say that I am thrilled to death when anyone tells me that they love me. I don't analyze it. It's not likely that somebody else's idea and definition of love will match mine. I'll take all that I can get.




                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment