Thursday, November 29, 2018

What The Poet Dreamt






Unconditional love is the goal- giving, not receiving. If I knew the secret to being lovable, I would be more than happy to share it with you. I do have a few tips for loving. You can get all the rest off of bumper stickers, t-shirts and coffee mugs.

First of all, imagine everyone as a little kid. We are, in fact, those same scared tykes who romped, laughed, cried and loved through those first sets of teeth. We're just bigger, and often, meaner. Bald heads and high heels be damned.

Don't keep score. Seems to me that too many of us hold ourselves up as some kind of minimum standard. If I expect everyone to be as loyal, honest, sentimental, bright and fair as I imagine myself to be- what about all the folks out there who happen to be more loyal, more honest, more fair, brighter and more sentimental than I am? Am I unworthy of their love?

If it seems that I'm dealing in trite gibberish, I apologize. I probably should have just suggested don't judge, love.




No comments:

Post a Comment