Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tigers In The Lions' Den






Blah, blah, blah- how long have I whined about the demise of rock'n'roll? Of course it is a major issue for me. It's been at the center of my life. It was born when I was born. When it got old, I got old.
Lately I've tried to avoid the subject. Even I'm bored with it.

Now I'm re-thinking it. The world looks at everything in a different light because of rock'n'roll. War and peace. Democracy. Sexual mores. Integration. Freedom. Rock'n'roll has been at the center of every revolution in my lifetime. If you want to argue with me, you might want to bring up Mao's Cultural Revolution. I would, of course, smugly remind you that it failed.

Mao wasn't rock'n'roll. Mao was Shrimp Boats Are A-Comin'.

We've got a world to fix and there's no revolution without rock'n'roll! I don't really care what you call it. Do you believe in magic? I do. All you need is love. Turns out I've been a revolutionary all my life.




                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment