Saturday, November 17, 2018

Lost Marble, Please Help





Once again I have been called to task for a tasteless illustration on my blog. Let's start here with my sincere apologies for everything that I do that offends decent folks. I hesitate to call my graphics "art." Of course, my music seldom brings the term to mind, come to think of it.

You may have noticed that I don't know a thing about art. That's alright- I don't know much about music, either. I might tinker around with brain surgery but I'm squeamish around blood.*

Songs? I have songs about war, South America, murder, politics, jail and true love among other things. I don't know anything at all about any of that, either. By the way, I don't know where to stick a bridge or anything about a quarter note triplet, while I'm confessing.

As I have admitted here, previously, the blog exists merely because the page asked, "Do you want a blog of your own?"

Sure. Free stuff!

Seems I'm drawn to time consuming endeavors that don't pay well.

Once I had complained about war, whined over loneliness and grumbled about politics, I had to start over. I've preached to you about kindness, begged your forgiveness and revealed secrets, mostly mine. Again, same pattern as with the music. I started over there decades ago. War, kindness, loneliness- repeat. Sometimes lust, murder and electric chairs just for rhyme's sake.

All I have managed to learn about Photoshop is how to move my head from one snapshot to another. As I waste time on the internet, I have gotten into the habit of keeping any image that I run across that seems dumb enough. In some cases the image isn't really dumb until I put my head on it.

That's it. My only criteria- dumb.

Now, pulp fiction, which is a big favorite, frequently pictures sexist, tacky situations that were used, I'm pretty sure, to make the Don Knotts of the world feel like Charlton Heston. Oh, sure, occasionally you find Amazon women cooking the man in the kettle or a fierce cowgirl using her bullwhip on a city slicker she dragged from the stagecoach.

My point, if I have a point, is that no thought goes into the subject of the stolen art. I'm merely searching for dumb and a place to put my head.

That does not affect the sincerity of my apology. I mean no harm. My only message is peace and love.












*I know the first verse begins, "Don't know much geography." Funny thing is I have a degree in geography. If only they would quit changing the globe!





















No comments:

Post a Comment