Thursday, September 6, 2018

Scissors Cut Paper






This is not my century, boys. Neither was the last. Never mind a blue wave, I'm waiting for a pink one. I'm convinced that Hillary Clinton's biggest stumbling block in the likability polls all center on the pressure to "act like a man." She's not shrill. She's gotten used to responding to condescending, ignorant, mean-spirited remarks from misogynist jackasses. She wears pantsuits because the press will comment ad nauseam on her attire and her "figure" if she wears dresses. Look at the attention any change in her hairstyle brought about while she was first lady.

This rant is not meant to be pro-Hillary. Oh, I like her just fine and, of course, I voted for her. She's a little off to the right for me. Then again, everybody's off to the right for me.

Look at where "old white men" have gotten us.

Let me just mention Kamala Harris. Tammy Duckworth. Elizabeth Warren. Kirstin Gillibrand. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

I long for the day when men have to act a little more like women to be seriously considered for office.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.






        

No comments:

Post a Comment