Tuesday, May 16, 2017

You Do It For The Money (Or You Don't)






They say that if you stand on a corner in India and pronounce yourself a son of God that folks passing by will celebrate with you. In the USA they will have you locked up. I've never been to India. I'm a son of God.

Sometimes I wonder if I've always been aware of my nature, embarrassed to stand on that corner, or if it has taken me this long to figure it out. I've certainly always known that something was up.

Sometimes I sing for money. Mostly I sing for love.

If you're swooning at my arrogance I should tell you that you're a son of God, too. Pardon my pronoun indifference. I hope my ranting helps lead to the same conclusion.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.






1 comment:

  1. I loved that song as a kid - for what it said and meant. But in my family, you were ill-advised to display likes or enthusiasms or emotions. The rest of the family would pick you apart. But I always found people outside the family who would listen and not mock. So my family never knew there were people who loved me outside the target zone.

    ReplyDelete