Sunday, April 9, 2017

Been Young, Been Old






You could probably make me more of a religious man if you could explain suffering to me. I suppose Buddhism works harder at that pretzel than most Western philosophies to put it all in a pretty little package.

Personally, I'm one of those fools that some god watches over. I've not done much suffering, myself. Oh, I've done enough moaning and groaning so that you would think that you were in the presence of some great martyr. In the real world I tend to be the one to find the five dollar bill on the sidewalk. 

Of course me and my money are soon parted but that's a different story.

Maybe the concept of suffering is what keeps it all a mystery to me. I question the wisdom of the ones with all the answers.

By the way, I have always thought the funniest cartoons were the ones where all the characters were some version of Goofy. Lots of cherry Coke ran out of my nose during those things at the old Palma Ceia Theater. Today's "art,"and I use the term ironically, has two Ronny's. A young one and an old one. Swallow your coffee before you go looking.

Give us peace on earth and end this dreadful, dreadful war.







No comments:

Post a Comment