Friday, December 16, 2016

Turn It Up






Events disrupt my loneliness sometimes and for that I am grateful. Am I alone because I'm socially awkward or am I socially awkward because I'm alone? As someone once famously asked, "At this point what difference does it make?"

The radio has become my prom, my bachelor party. Once a week I'm allowed to play my music for folks and tell strangers that I love them. I do. I love them. By the way, when I say "my music" I mean stuff that I love. Big radio hits and songs that never got on the air. Old ones and new ones, dirty songs and gospel records. 

My radio "career" is a lot like my musician life. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm probably not capable of learning.

Ol' Nervous Norvus never got so much airplay.

Turn your radio on. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment